Well, the most exciting field event I ever saw (in person) was Tiina
Lillak's last-throw-in-the-last-event win in Helsinki '83. It  was Finland's
only gold medal and came shortly after Arto Bryggare got them their first
medal (period), barely losing to Greg Foster. Before that it had looked as
though the hosts were going to be shut out completely, which would have been
a major disappointment in Finland. There were a LOT of happy Finns in the
stands after her throw.

David Lesley