I didn't hear Carol's remarks (even though I was sitting right behind her at
the Garden as she was doing her job) but could it be that she was referring
to the Armory track when it WAS flat? Remember it was flat, bare wood for
many years before it was redone (without banked turns) then redone again on
top of that with banked turns.
Aside from that, anyone care to discuss why my friend Dick Schroeter's Molloy
2 mile relay team's 11 lap record still stands from 1964? They ran 7:49.1 and
every year I see the winning time above 8 minutes. Maybe I'm just getting
old....

JT