-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of Randall Northam
Sent: Thursday, February 13, 2003 11:29 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: t-and-f: can I come back now? It depends...what do you
thinkof Milli Vanilli?

Doesn't work like that, sadly. Individual writers rarely increase
circulation by much. Trust me, I know. My magazine, Athletics Today,
had the best writers on the sport in the UK (OK so we also had a column
by Linford Christie, maybe that cancelled it out) but couldn't overtake
Athletics Weekly's circulation.
My advice to Garry Hill (which I am sure he doesn't need) is to give
Malmo one 500 word piece and watch the deafening silence. Randall
Northam