> From: "Post, Marty" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 11:50:08 -0500
> To: "'t-and-f@darkwing. uoregon. edu' (E-mail)"<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: t-and-f: Going for the Joggler
>
> Essick, 31,  was a former decathlete at Missouri Valley College.>>

OK, I'm feeling giddy today, so allow me to suggest (somewhat seriously,
actually) that he do the world's first juggling decathlon!

Most of the events are obvious; he scores points for juggling while doing
the 100, LJ, HJ, 400, 110H and 1500.

In the shot and discus he juggles three of the implements until he's ready,
then flips them away one at a time, gets credit for total distance of all
three.

The PV and JT are a bit more problematic. In the PV, let's say he has to
balance a pole on end in each hand, run down the runway; say 20m out he's
allowed to drop one pole, put the other in place, then vault.

I haven't quite figured out he's going to manipulate two javelins without
doing a human pin-cushion imitation, however. The best I can think of is run
down the runway with one held normally in each hand, flipping them over his
head as he goes, then he does a 2-handed launch at the line, again getting
total distance.

I can't believe I actually took the time to write this.

gh