My favorite part of the article was when they explained what joggling is and finished with "yes thats juggling WHILE jogging." and go on to say "he ran 27.blah blah.."
27 seconds, jogging? that may be a world record. i wonder how fast he could sprint 200 meters while juggling
dAN

From: Lee Nichols <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: t-and-f: Going for the Joggler
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 14:01:58 -0600

Damn -- I think 26 and 56 were my PRs for 200 and 400! I've never had any illusions that my footspeed was anything great, but if I had ever been passed by a guy juggling, I would have quit the sport right there on the spot.

Lee

There's a small item in the Scorecard section of the latest Sports
Illustrated (Feb 24, Angels baseball cover), about Chris Essick, a
"joggler"of some renown.

Recently lowered the 200 meter indoor record for joggling -- running while
juggling -- to 27.75 seconds. He also has outdoor world bests of 26.16 for
200m and 56.9 for 400m.

According to Essick, "it's difficult because you can't propel yourself with
your arms. It's all legs."

Essick, 31, was a former decathlete at Missouri Valley College.

-- Lee Nichols Assistant News Editor The Austin Chronicle 512/454-5766, ext. 138 fax 512/458-6910 http://austinchronicle.com