Earlier today, I wrote:

> BTW, Yanks. Dragila's 4.83m converts to 14'10". Feofanova's 4.86m converts
> to 15'11 1/4". Too bad, that Stacy didn't go for 16 feet, a mark that would
> be a new World Record, however categorized, and a goal for the women's
> vault that even I, as an ex-Kansan, could appreciate

Martin and Dave were quick to catch my error. 4.83m does, indeed, convert
to 15'10", not 14'10". Sorry 'bout that. After nearly 40 years in Canada,
this ex-Kansan still has problems with that metric stuff.

"You can take the boy out of the farm, but you can't take the farm out of
the boy."

Cheers,
Roger