I think the simplest answer to the question why (only) 557 is that
most of us have migrated over to the Track and Field News Message
Board, which really satisfies every need that the t-and-f listserv
ever did, does more, and does it better.

The real question is why the 557 of us are still here, and in my case
inertia is part of the answer, the other part being that as long as
there are a few die-hards like Roger who post valuable things here and
not on the T&FN site, I have a reason to stick around.

Bob H
[EMAIL PROTECTED] (list-related)
[EMAIL PROTECTED] (general correspondence)