** This is the quasi-official and semi-temporary T13 email list server. **

As someone who has to cope with these devices in a driver, I agree with Hale.
There are some weird devices out there.

But I suppose I shouldn't complain.  If all the devices out there complied with
the spec, I'd be out of a job.  Well, not really.  Maybe I could put some time
into taking advantage of things like the SMART, overlapped, and queued feature
sets to improve our performance and reliability.

It would be impolitic for me to name names, but some of the devices and
controllers I've had to deal with are just plain *weird*.

--
Barry Gold
Public Key signature: BA 2A 50 53 BC 6E 9A DB  9F 25 5B 13 1A B2 47 12