** This is the quasi-official and semi-temporary T13 email list server. **

Does anyone know if there is a de facto definition for the use of
IDE-to-SCA-2 adapters for hot-swappable IDE HDDs?

Whether IDE drives are truly hot-swappable was discussed on this
list a few weeks ago.  However, the fact remains that devices such
as the IFT-6200 shown at

  http://www.infortrend.com.tw/

contain IDE HDDs (in this case Maxtor 80GB drives), each of which
has an IDE-to-SCA-2 adapter to permit hot-swapping.  The IFT-6200,
while using IDE HDDs, has an external SCSI interface.  This interesting
fact, though, is independent of my question.

The SCA-2 connector definition for SCSI drives is part of SCSI-3,
but I know of no document which defines a mapping for the 40 lines
on an IDE connector to the 80 lines on an SCA-2 connector.  I have
received no response from [EMAIL PROTECTED] (at the U.S. office
of this Taiwanese company) re: this issue.

Thanks.