** This is the quasi-official and semi-temporary T13 email list server. **

> Hale Landis wrote :
>
> On Mon, 21 May 2001 09:42:08 +0200, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> wrote:
> >I can assure you that it is possible to extract head skew, cylinder
> >skew, sectors per track, zone tables for ATA IDE drives using standard
> >data commands. This is much easier when the drive supports the
> >disabling of read and write caching, but not essential.
>

> Why don't you just ask the drive manufacturer for this information?
> Or don't you trust them? Or don't you like the NDA they hand you to
> sign?

Just one point here : Its not possible to know, from the software point of
view
the list of all possible drives with the information coming from each ...
I understand that Stephen Cumpson can get on his Philips board
any HDD drive, and that he needs to make an analysis to get those
informations.
The major problem is the time it takes to make such a complete
analysis :-(

Gilles