> 2) define a way to enter estimated/incomplete interpolation.

> The way to enter incomplete interpolation info could resemble the
> Karlsruhe schema (incomplete_interpolation=* or whatever) or it could be
> combined with a dedicated TIGER addressing scheme as Anthony suggests. I
> don't know anything about TIGER's address data though, so I can't tell
> whether that's a good idea.

  TIGER obfuscates the data by declaring the entire numbering range of a
zone: for example a "400 block / Even" containing houses 404 through 420
would be declared as "range Even / 400-498" in TIGER.   For navigation
purposes, that gets you to within one block of an address.

  I have no problem with the relation that Anthony proposes except that it
seems unnecessary to introduce a new construct to represent the same idea.
One of the use cases for crowdsourcing is to make public announcements to a
region to check the map in their area and make corrections directly or
submit correction requests to "X".   Now imagine if they were asked to check
the address relation: "Go into edit mode, check the way the arrows point on
your street, inspect the left / right roles to be sure that the house
numbering is correct".   On the other hand, if they see the rendered
obfuscated address numbers on their street, they simply submit or make the
correction directly.

   Continuing to use the Karlsruhe schema would cover 3 cases:

   {No change} -> represents exact address coverage as defined today.
   addr:interpolation_accuracy=estimate  ->  For surveys that don't collect
missing numbers, or for rapidly changing situations where numbers may be
added or combined often.   Would be useful for accurate navigation, but not
useful for the reverse case where someone needs to count addresses on a
street.
  addr:interpolation_accuracy=obfuscated -> For TIGER data known to be very
rough.   Navigation apps could be aware that accuracy is limited and handle
accordingly.