At 2009-12-21 11:01, Roy Wallace wrote:
>... If you don't know where the other end of the
>street is, you can't use an addr:interpolation way, so it seems to me
>that you are just tagging a sign.
>
>Is there already a tagging scheme for this? If not, propose one - but
>(as others have said) don't use existing tags in a way they are not
>intended for. (btw, please don't follow up with "but I want it
>rendered..." :P)

I've been "tagging the sign" from survey photos, with address nodes to
which I add the tag pseudo=yes. When you get info for adjoining
intersections, they could be used to construct a true picture of the range
of possible addresses.

This area shows the results of a survey of both pseudo-addresses (from
street signs) and actual ones (from mailboxes): http://osm.org/go/TaBihQXG4-

(Yes, I need to discuss/document this. I suppose this is the "discuss" part
:) )

--
Alan Mintz <alan_mintz+...@earthlink.net>