2010/5/28 sylvain letuffe <li...@letuffe.org>:
> So every "città" in Italy is tagged place=city ? So you can have a 1 to 1
> città<>city ?
>
> So all this are tagged place=city :
> http://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citt%C3%A0_dell%27Italia ?
>
> and this is just fud :
> http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk-it/2010-May/015939.html

No, as Martin said perfectly.

> and this :
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/IT:Key:place
>
> place=city: popolazione oltre i 100.000 abitanti, o capoluogo di regione, o
> capoluogo di provincia e almeno 50.000 abitanti
> +
> l'unica città di una ampia area può essere classificata place=city  anche se
> ha 90.000 abitanti.

Yes, this is what we (almost) agreed to do.

> Ain't this just equivalent to constructing a list ?

No. It would if we had said, "more than 100.000 PLUS Alessandria and
Siena". We've tried to mediate between an "objective" criterion based
on quantifiable and verifiable data and a "common sense" one based on
the fact that "many feel this should be a city". Yet, again, we're not
"feeling it should be a city" because we want it to appear on the map
with a large font, but because we feel that, if someone was to compile
a list of the cities in Italy, that centre should be in it.

I know it may look like a very subtle difference, but I don't think it is.

> Common, please, tag for the renderer, this is not a problem has it makes a
> nice map in the end, but don't confuse me with a Bresaola...

Whawhawhat?!

> --
> sly
> --