At 2010-07-27 11:41, John F. Eldredge wrote:
Yes, but my point was that fire extinguishers are not interchangeable with fire hydrants.

I did not quote, and was not arguing with, that.

I agree that hydrants and extinguishers should be tagged differently.

At 2010-07-27 06:18, John Smith wrote:
>On 27 July 2010 22:58, David Earl <da...@frankieandshadow.com> wrote:
> > Like an earthquake in Haiti, for example,...
>
>I'd rather not be sued because someone thought they might be able to
>do something with the data that turned out to be false...

Doesn't our use license include a hold-harmless clause? If not, why not?
Not that there's much in the way of assets anyway.

It seems already that public entities are interested in OSM. If we can keep
those from being purely one-way forks, and manage to keep vandalism
(intentional or not) at bay, there is certainly the potential to have
extremely accurate maps of things (like hydrants, exits, extinguishers)
that may not exist anywhere else. I'd certainly find that welcome in a
building that's on fire.

--
Alan Mintz <alan_mintz+...@earthlink.net>