2010/9/1 Elena of Valhalla <elena.valha...@gmail.com>:
> On 9/1/10, Nathan Edgars II <nerou...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> No, I know what you're grouping. It's the why that I'm unsure about.
>> Where's the benefit in this relation?
>
> it would be useful to manage common data (e.g. the name) in the
> relation instead of having to update it in every part of the road

I would not recommend this. Although it is more "elegant" from an IT
point of view it is utterly vulnerable to break. Relations break up
all the time, due to insufficient editor capabilities and
unexperienced users (at least for the moment). We shouldn't require
the capability to edit relations from the mapper just to enter a
street name IMHO. If you do use these relations, please do it in a
redundant way and keep the relevant information at the ways as well.

cheers,
Martin