At 2010-09-08 11:15, Nathan Edgars II wrote:
> Alan posted this one:
>
>> tower_type=dipole : http://sites.google.com/site/am909geo/osm-1/power_dipole.jpg Two solid metal/concrete poles that meet (or almost) near the top. dual-circuit capacity.

Added, though I can't confirm that the term is used outside OSM.

This was my own name. State public utility commission websites are usually a good source of info on power transmission things. You can often find detailed filings for generation/transmission projects from which to get industry terminology.

I imagine there's a group of "tower-philes" or "pylon-philes" out there that has stuff on the web somewhere, too. The one that I found in England wasn't very precise, though.

--
Alan Mintz <alan_mintz+...@earthlink.net>