On Martes 28 Septiembre 2010 13:32:40 M∡rtin Koppenhoefer escribió:
> 2010/9/28 Mike N. <nice...@att.net>:
> >> office=wedding_planner sounds fine to me.
> >
> >  I agree with this.   However, I have also seen a number of local shops
> > which sell only wedding supplies (dresses, etc) but offer no wedding
> > services.   They could probably be reclassified as shop=clothes however.
>
> yes, probably a specific tag would be suitable: shop=wedding_dresses
> or shop=wedding_clothes.
> Because nobody who looks for casual clothing would want to find a
> specialized wedding shop, and usually who looks for a wedding shop
> would want to exclude "normal" clothing stores (or would be able to do
> 2 searches).

Not quite: at least in Spain women have dedicated shop=wedding_dresses that
would be better tagged shop=bride_dresses but man use to go to places were
general men ceremony dresses are made, for them to go to namings, proper or
other's weddings, funerals, price givings, academic graduations... etc. I've
seen only one that have both bride dresses and bridesmaid/groom/kid clothes,
and I would tag it as shop:clothes as they sell New Year women dresses as
well, that is, they sell any kins of "formal" dresses.

So maybe shop=bride_dresses is quite appropiate.

I think we must try to think on general issues, not in the detail of every
possible single shop out there. What if some chinese marries some mexican and
they set up in Moscow a shop where they sell just mexican tequila, chinese
porcelain and local bread? They just don't need a new category for a single
point in the map, but there are  lot of bride_dresses and wedding_planner out
there looking to get your money (or her father's money).

> Btw.: the "general rule" to use singular for shop values in English is
> valid only for professions (e.g. butcher), right? I see clothes,
> beverages, books, electronics, hearing_aids, shoes, sports, toys which
> don't correspond to it.

I think that is not general anymore :)

Noel
er Envite