Ulf Lamping wrote:
> If the mappers think your proposal is a good idea they will use it.

If the page for power=generator contains a large table with power
sources and tags for these, most mappers will use those. Even if there
is a link to an alternative proposal somewhere else on the page.

> So I'll herefore ask you to change the page back to it's original state.
>
> Adding a noticeable remark / link to the "approved" proposal page is
> perfectly reasonable, simply replacing the existing content is
> definitely not.

I agree that documentation about the old tags should remain accessible.
For example, Key:power_source (which is where people encountering uses
of the key will look first) should be reverted to its original content.
A link to Key:generator:source should be added to that page.

But prominently advertising the old tag on Tag:power=generator (and
that's what the original version of the English page did, and all
translations still do) would just ensure that the new tag cannot gain
traction, no matter whether it's better than the old one or not.

Tobias Knerr