2011/2/19 Paul Johnson <ba...@ursamundi.org>:
> On 02/15/2011 07:02 AM, M∡rtin Koppenhoefer wrote:
>>
>> Have a look here:
>> http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=42.16&lon=-88.536&zoom=10&layers=M
>> could you tell which are the more important ones? Not at first glance I
>> guess.
>
> Why not map the airports in greater detail?
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=35.15526&lon=-97.47207&zoom=16&layers=M is
> an example of a municipal airport more completely mapped.

Of course we should map everything in ultimate detail, and of course
we could preprocess this data once it is at a certain level of
"completeness" to determine which are the bigger airports. But this
doesn't mean IMHO that this is the only way and that there is not good
reasons to also refine the "simple" structure (airport node or "basic
airport tags") at least to make a distinction for the most important
ones (those where usual people normally take off when they go on a
trip).

cheers,
Martin