2011/2/26 Josh Doe <j...@joshdoe.com>:
> I'm not proposing to create a new tag that becomes standard. If I have
> to I'll just use my_namespace=pipestem, but I'd rather use something
> that could possibly be reused by someone else.

if it becomes reused by someone else (which would be good IMHO) it is
kind of "standard".

> Unless someone suggests otherwise, I'll use highway=service,
> service=driveway, and driveway=pipestem. But don't worry, I don't plan
> to create a proposal for this, just using it for my AOI. :)

I'd say that this is fine. If you want you could document this in the
wiki (e.g. on a proposal page or if already in wider use on a key page
e.g. for service=driveway), so it gets more probable that other
mappers follow this scheme for similar cases.

cheers,
Martin