Am 30.04.2011 um 13:08 schrieb Sebastian Hohmann:

> "motorcar" is supposed to represent the class of "Zeichen 251" (shows a car
> from the front), which forbids all double-tracked motor vehicles (which
> includes hgv and buses etc).
>
> "car" is supposed to represent the class of "Zusatzzeichen 1048-10" (shows a
> car from the *side*), which applies only to passenger cars (so no hgv or
> buses etc).
>
> "motor_vehicle" is supposed to represent the class of "Zeichen 260" (shows a
> motorcycle from the side and below a car from the front), which forbids all
> motorcyles, mofas etc as well as all double-tracked motor vehicles.
>
> So all these classes exist and are needed in Germany. The situation might be
> slightly different in other countries, but in a project like OSM, I don't
> think we can ever agree on a definition that fits every little detail and is
> applicable world-wide.

When you say "is supposed to represent" what do you mean exactly? Neither the
English nor the German version of the Wiki page references german road sign.
Are you talikng about the intentions of those who created these tags, or
documented them? Or how you feel things should be?

Stefan

--
Stefan Bethke <s...@lassitu.de>   Fon +49 151 14070811