Am 30.04.2011 um 12:10 schrieb M∡rtin Koppenhoefer:

> 2011/4/29 Stefan Bethke <s...@lassitu.de>:
>> It appears that people have been using "car" as a key for this purpose.
>> Should I use that, and add an appropriate entry below motorcar=*?
>

> -1
> IMHO motorcar should be defined as automobile/car, and not be used as
> a generic term including busses, hgv, goods and other. If we had car
> and motorcar parallelly this would create a lot of confusion.

Then what would a proper classification look like?

According to tagstat:
Tag             Usage
vehicle         22618
motor_vehicle   42743
motorcar       209720
car              1475
bus             42842
hgv             45609
goods           16948

To properly represent German law (sign 251 "cars and other multiple tracked
vehicles not allowed") we need a tag for all two-tracked vehicles (currently
"motorcar"), plus we need tag specifically for just cars.

Redefining the meaing of "motorcar" is sure to cause a lot of confusion.

Does anyone have a copy of ISO 3833:1977 handy and could enlighten us what the
standard defines as a term for all multitrack vehicles, if any?

Stefan

--
Stefan Bethke <s...@lassitu.de>   Fon +49 151 14070811