On Mon, 2011-05-09 at 11:36 -0500, Brad Neuhauser wrote:
> I  notice the suggested rendering is similar to schools.  Don't know
> about other areas, but in the US, many childcare centers are run out
> of private homes, so that rendering might seem a little strange.
> Maybe in that case a node is a better choice.

Within my suburb there are both options, some home-based small childcare
centres but also some that are setup with their own building, playground
and fenced off area.  I think the use of both node and way/area should
be allowed for this tag, some are too small to map as an area and some
are too big to simply map as a node.

David