* Josh Doe <j...@joshdoe.com> [2011-05-10 23:27 -0400]:
> Either way I think we need to allow for admin_level or something
> similar to permit nesting of neighborhoods.

I know, let's use relations!  (Now I have two problems...)

But seriously, what about a very simple "contains" relation?  A given
relation would have one member (node or way) with role "parent" and one or
more members (nodes or ways) with role "child".  This would solve the
hierarchy problem without assigning arbitrary numbers.  A given entity
could, of course, be a child in more than one relation, if a neighborhood
spanned more than one containing place.

I do think that this sort of thing should only be used if spatial
relationships don't work: i.e. one or both related entities are nodes.

--- --
Lensmen eat Jedi for breakfast.