Normally you should start a proposal. I think you can immediately start with
the voting stadium since there is not much to discuss about these tags.
There are just an extension to the current schema and are perfectly
backwards compatible.

If you created the proposal. Do send a mail to this list with as subject
"[VOTING] emergency=alarm", this is the official way to start a voting
procedure and make the tag valid. After the voting, it should be added to
the wiki.

Adding it directly to the wiki is not advisable since it's not used yet.

regards,
Sander