accreditation_scheme?
accreditation_agency?
promoter?

On 17/07/2011 14:48, Zsolt Bertalan wrote:
I see. Is hiking campaign better?

On Sun, Jul 17, 2011 at 3:12 PM, John F. Eldredge <j...@jfeldredge.com <mailto:j...@jfeldredge.com>> wrote:

    Zsolt Bertalan <herrber...@gmail.com
    <mailto:herrber...@gmail.com>> wrote:

    > Because there is no difference. What is the difference between a
    rugby
    > match
    > and a rugby union match? Nothing. Both of them are a rugby
    match. But
    > rugby
    > union match is more specific.
    > In this case we need the general term.
    > There are TMs that are not routes. They consist of checkpoints that
    > you can
    > visit anytime, in any order from any dircetion. And there are
    TMs like
    > El
    > Camino that consist of several routes.
    > I think there are much more confusing terms in English than such a
    > loan
    > translation.
    >
    > And what about 'organised hiking tour'? That covers routes, walks,
    > such
    > movements with only checkpoints, etc., but doesn't sound good to
    me as
    > tagging key. It is confusing in an other way, because it covers more
    > than I
    > need (hiking tours without checkpoints). Argh.

    The problem is that, while English sometimes uses movement to mean
    "a group of people with a common goal", it does not, at present,
    use movement to mean "a series of actions to be taken to achieve
    that goal".  So, an organization of hikers might be termed a
    movement, but the routes along which they are encouraged to hike
    would not be termed a movement.  After all, the hikers (and the
    people organizing the hikers) are the ones moving in both the
    physical and metaphorical senses.  The routes themselves take no
    action.

    This tag is more likely to be understood by English-speakers if
    you use a less literal translation.
    --
    John F. Eldredge -- j...@jfeldredge.com <mailto:j...@jfeldredge.com>