Hi all,

A light rail stop, would that be a railway=tram_stop or a railway=station?
I'm mapping the recently opened UTA TRAX extensions [1] and tagged the stops
of the West Valley extension as railway=station, but now I see that existing
stops are railway=tram_stop.
I think a tram stop suggests something less intrusive than the TRAX stops
[2] so I'm inclined to go with railway=station even though I don't like the
rendering very much (see [3]).

Also in that permalink by the way: a light rail line that shares the road
does not get rendered if it is tagged highway=*, railway=light_rail whereas
a highway=*,railway=tram does get a center line. I guess in the case of
light rail the road is not really shared as the tracks are in the center
dividing the road in two separate lanes - and thus it should be mapped. Some
work to do then.

Martijn

[1] see changesets:
[2] see an example: