On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 3:43 PM, Martin Koppenhoefer
<dieterdre...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Well, we already have location=underground established (see
>> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:location) and I think it would
>> be a pity to have more than one way of indicating that something is
>> underground.

'established' is a big word. I'm surprised by the taginfo stats. I
never used this tag myself and I don't remember if it was really
discussed in the international lists. It is in the wiki since July.
These numbers can only come from an import or a bot.
I find the key "location" the worst possible choice we could find for
such a tag. An OSM  "node" with lat/lon coordinates is a location. All
poi's are locations. All "place" entities are locations. All addresses
are locations.
And what to say about the wiki example with traffic_sign which is
pointing to a node where the tag is more a "note" than anything else.
The wiki says "in context of traffic sign=*: may be used to designate
the location of a traffic sign where the mapped element does not
necessarily correspond to the physical location of the sign". Please
map the elements where they are physically, not where they should
be...

Pieren