On 10/04/12 06:12, Martijn van Exel wrote:
> On 4/9/2012 9:33 PM, Martijn van Exel wrote:
>> On 3/29/2012 7:01 AM, Heinrich Knauf wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> infoware GmbH, Bonn, Germany, and Geofabrik GmbH, Karlsruhe, Germany,
>>> have developed an
>>> improved tagging scheme for TMC data which we would like to propopose
>>> to the OSM community.
>>>
>>> Currently, this feature is explained in German only.
>>>
>>> Pelase refer to
>>>
>>> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/DE:Proposed_features/New_TMC_scheme
>>>
>>> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/New_TMC_Scheme
>>>
>>> Your comments are greatly appreceated!

I still do not get one major point which was totally left out on the first
scheme. What actually belongs to a "point" and how are they tagged. Especially
on big crossings and roundabouts I always was confused (e.g. it might be
possible that a part of this point is blocked but how do I know which one and
you might be able to use  the first/last exit/entrance of a junction but not the
rest. )

>> That looks like a huge improvement from the existing proposal. A few
>> questions for clarification and discussion:
>> * In this proposal, the actual TMC LCDs are not technically required,
>> are they? If all the ways are tagged according to this schema, you can
>> look up the segments just by looking at the ways? I guess having the LCD
>> encoded onto nodes will speed up lookup.
>> * How do you plan to make this huge effort (even just for Germany)
>> manageable? I mean, it's simpler than it looks, but it still is a *lot*
>> of work. A JOSM plugin? A dedicated website to track progress and show
>> bugs / inconsistencies? Other supporting tools for mappers?

There was only the inspector and a overlay for the first round in Germany and it
worked.

> On that topic: how was this updated? Manually? Or was there some monitoring
> bot
> active that kept these values updated?
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/TMC/TMC_Import_Germany/Roads#roads_to_import_2

Think this was all handwork.