Am 10.04.2012 05:33, schrieb Martijn van Exel:
On 3/29/2012 7:01 AM, Heinrich Knauf wrote:
Hello,

infoware GmbH, Bonn, Germany, and Geofabrik GmbH, Karlsruhe, Germany,
have developed an
improved tagging scheme for TMC data which we would like to propopose
to the OSM community.

Currently, this feature is explained in German only.

Pelase refer to

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/DE:Proposed_features/New_TMC_scheme

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/New_TMC_Scheme

Your comments are greatly appreceated!

Heinrich,

That looks like a huge improvement from the existing proposal. A few questions for clarification and discussion: * In this proposal, the actual TMC LCDs are not technically required, are they? If all the ways are tagged according to this schema, you can look up the segments just by looking at the ways? I guess having the LCD encoded onto nodes will speed up lookup. * How do you plan to make this huge effort (even just for Germany) manageable? I mean, it's simpler than it looks, but it still is a *lot* of work. A JOSM plugin? A dedicated website to track progress and show bugs / inconsistencies? Other supporting tools for mappers? * Do you (or anyone) have any info on the 'openness' of this data in other countries? I believe they are proprietary data here in the US, not sure though (will ask in talk-us).

Martijn,

I do not yet have an idea about a plug-in for JOSM, but TMC inspector is already online:

Visit http://osm-tmc.infoware.de/tmc/
(Please report if the link does not work.)

I think this is a good means of visualizing the state of TMC mapping.

And there is another project at infoware to install and run a server that continuously shows the current traffic status on these road segments that are tagged according to the the new scheme.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Heinrich Knauf

infoware GmbH
Riemenschneiderstr. 11
53175 Bonn
GERMANY

facebook_follow_us <http://facebook.infoware.de/>

office: +49 228 338899-21
email: kn...@infoware.de <mailto:kn...@infoware.de>
web: www.infoware.de <http://www.infoware.de>
infoware Gesellschaft für Informationstechnik mbH
Geschäftsführer: Thomas Schulte-Hillen, Martin Langhoff;
Sitz Bonn; Amtsgericht Bonn HRB 14141