2012/4/30 Pieren <pier...@gmail.com>:
> I'm always standing in the contributor point of view. It is not the
> wiki (or better said "our recommendations") to follow the osm2pqsql
> style file but the opposite.

+1

> especially
> when the main reaction is to say that mapnik/osm2pgsql will fail
> because the assumption is done on a key, not a key/value pair.

+1, besides from the already named tags in this thread there is also
leisure=track which is a nice example. Even it's wiki page says
explicitly that it is not clear, whether this is an area or a linear
feature, but there are asumptions that mapnik renders this as an area
because the rest of the leisure tags are all areas (or nodes):
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:leisure%3Dtrack

cheers,
Martin