But in the US the administrative municipality for an address may be
different than the city that is used for mailing to that address, which is
regulated by the US Post Office (and I think tied to zip code).  For
example, residences in villages or towns may have a larger city/town nearby
as their "mail city".  Also, residences that are near the border of two
cities may live within the boundaries of one, but have their mailing
address be the other, due to where their post office is.