There is one thing. In Sweden we have something called "Vändplats"
http://www.transportstyrelsen.se/sv/Vag/Vagmarken/Forbudsmarken/Vandplats/
roughly translated "turnaroundplace" usally in sweden we have used
highway=turning_circle for this.
According to this definition almost no "vändplats" would be
turning_circles because:
They are almost never circular (except new ones beeing built today).
And there is no island in the middle.
In many cases they ar more like a widening of the road so its possible
to make a three-point-turn.

I dont think anyone i sweden will change how we map this in Sweden
because of this definition. But how do you guys feel about this?

Best Regards Thod