The other usage of the term agricultural is the type of vehicle.
In the UK agricultural vehicles are prohibited on motorways due to their slow
speeds. But a farmer could use his Land Rover on a motorway as it is a car
being used for agriculture.
Phil

--

Sent from my Nokia N9

On 14/06/2012 14:22 Martin Koppenhoefer wrote:

2012/6/14 Colin Smale <colin.sm...@xs4all.nl>:
> each jurisdiction. I don't expect there to be total agreement about
> "agricultural" either. There are signs for "no agricultural vehicles", which
> in my experience refer to the type of vehicle and not what it is being used
> for at that moment. But this again may vary per jurisdiction. If a farmer
> uses his combine harvester to go to the shop for some sugar, is that
> "agricultural"?

in Germany the usual occurence of agricultural is positive:
motor_vehicle=no, agricultural=yes (additional sign mostly on tracks
to allow agricultural traffic, usually including forestal traffic).
This is referring to the intention of the traffic. If a farmer uses a
bike or a motorbike to go to his field, it would be agricultural,
while your example of the combine harvester going to buy cigarettes
would not qualify (of course this is theoretical, because he could
always pretend he was working when he takes his combine harvester to a
bbq party on the field).

cheers,
Martin