On Mon, Jan 7, 2013 at 9:57 PM, Eckhart Wörner <ewoer...@kde.org> wrote:
> Except that source-tag-on-object does not work either for real-world mapping.
> Source tags are rarely updated when the source changes.
>
> Eckhart

I think this discussion and previous ones about this topic
demonstrates one point : sourcing in OSM will never be perfect.
Because we have elements with history from multiple contributors and
with attributes from multiple sources. Because we cannot expecte
people to always have a single source per changeset. Because we cannot
expect people to always insert or update the tag source each time they
modify something.

Pieren