On 2013-01-07 10:34, Martin Koppenhoefer wrote :
Am 07/gen/2013 um 01:40 schrieb dies38...@mypacks.net:

From an editing point of view, leaving source to be reported on changeset works to significantly reduce the amount of tag-value content you have to deal with while adding content.  That is a very good thing.

In closing -- I'm a convert to source, source_ref, source:date and other variations being added to the changeset ... at least given my current editing behavior.

+1, btw: there are also exceptions,source:maxspeed is not meta data but data.

That's almost what I was going to write.  I have much esteem for all those who believe in OSD and who make the wiki as much logical and simple as possible.
But source is generally associated to verifiability, if not simply being © free.
Now I see that, regarding speed, it's used to warn the driver that the limit does not end at the next crossing.  Isn't that totally different for the same word?
Furthermore, I have to tag "zone aux abords d'une école" (school),  "zone résidentielle" etc.. but I see no suitable speed tag.  In fact, I very rarely see tags for my country.
And so on and so on.
In the first place, there's no clear, explicit distinction in the tag definition pages between an object definition and an attribute and, strangely enough, e. g. for castle and water objects, historical and natural are not attributes but object definitions.  Yet, there are non-historical castles and artificial waters. Just visit Disneyland ;-)
I somehow agree with the word chaos I wonder if it makes good data.

Cheers,

André.