2013/1/13 Paul Johnson <ba...@ursamundi.org>:
> Perhaps instead of bridge_type, it should be bridge:structure, or some other
> indication that it's referring to the general engineering and architecture
> of the bridge rather than the vague "type" which might get confused with
> "foot, cycleway, motorway" etc; and _ which isn't a good separator for what
> is effectively a subkey.

sorry for replying quite late to this thread. I agree with Paul,
tagging explicitly the structure in one subtag would be better, and
IMHO one subtag is not sufficient for classifying bridges. I'd like to
add a reference to another thread about the same topic one year ago:
http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/tagging/2012-January/009162.html

cheers,
Martin