well, I'd like to contribute but I don't want to stomp all over already done work - we have a fairly complete and authoritative set of LOCODEs, including the shipping carrier specific ones (shipping companies feel free to make up their own set of LOCODEs sometimes)
so the big question is where should I stick this locode data?  Have design
decisions been made?