2013/2/4 Douglas Fraser <doug.fra...@tarisoga.com>:
> as for LOCODE and locode, it is an acronym and so I tend to capitalize it.
> but if iata isn't...  There are LOCODE / locode / harbour:locode / unlocode
> tags - what are the general guidelines about cleaning up tag confetti?

general tagging guidelines say: no abbreviations, no capitalization,
underscores instead of spaces

this would mean the key should be:
"united_nations_code_for_trade_and_transport_locations"  ;-)

but this is not very handy. There are a few exceptions to the general
guidelines, e.g. "ref", and especially in the context of imports you
will usually find a lot of abbreviations (not sure how welcome they
are, this surely saves a lot of space (if uncompressed) but (human)
readability is much worse. A key like
"united_nations_code_for_trade_and_transport_locations" looks absurd
on the first glimpse but it is much easier to understand than "locode"
or "un/locode". Nonetheless personally I'd go for "un/locode" and let
people discover in the wiki what this is about.

cheers,
Martin