Masi Master wrote:
Hi,
some mappers think, they have to set these access tags. Potlatch and iD have a select menue, which shout "hey, please select foot & bicycle are allowed". But I think this is not good! It is better to tag signs: bicycle=yes only if there is a "bicycle free" sign. Same with other signs. So if we see the tags, we know which sign is there, and backwards.

is that "bicycle=designated" or something else? Does that explicit "here is a route that XXX are allowed/encouraged/required in some circumstances to use" signage occur anywhere outside of Germany?

For the possibility to use the way by foot or bicycle, better tag walking=yes or cycling=yes or something like that.

Not hugely popular, currently:

http://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/tags/walking=yes

Cheers,

Andy