> 2013/9/2 fly <lowfligh...@googlemail.com
>
>     Hey
>
>     water=intermiitent and water=tidal contradict with natural=water plus
>     water=* and do not totally fit with waterway=*
>
>     I suggest to deprecate these two tags in favour of intermittent=yes/no
>     and tidal=yes/no with defaults set to "no".
>

> shouldn't that go to the imports list? (SCNR)

I did not check but, yes, I remember there where some talks about big
imports of water=* and waterways.

This fact would be another point in favour of deprecating.

> the two most used values for water are currently "intermettent" (61%)
> and "lake;pond" (18%)
> but admittedly the alternative approach (intermettent=yes) is used ~3
> times more often...

Well, so far I was only thinking about wiki changes and a Validator
warning, as you need to check each object to adjust water=*.

Anyway I did cc imports@osm

Cheers
fly