> OsmAnd which is both a routing and a rendering engine for Android platforms

I am currently trying to get Osmand's attention to the same problem. The
point is that Mapnik's default rendering style is replicated to other
applications. Indeed, Osmand's style is nearly identical to Mapnik's.

Again on the subject of the tracktype tag: something tells me that many of
you may have never used the tracktype in earnest.

So lets do an exercise. See these pictures here
http://www.dzai.com.br/dtna/foto/galeria?fot_id=222064. You will see a Bus
and a truck both stuck in the mud of what happens to be an important road
(otherwise there would be no bus and no truck). So what tracktype should we
use here? These roads were perfectly passable a few weeks ago. Do you see
the problem?

I map rural highways all the time and I find myself unable to use this tag
for one very simple reason: unsurfaced roads change all the time. One
particular road may be grade3 today and grade5 a few months later. If you
are an experienced driver you first ask locals about the state of the road
before going ahead.