> Is the assumption that one Wikidata object should correspond to at
> most one OSM object? If so, it would be good to make that assumption
> explicit.

I wrote exactly that here:
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Wikidata#wikidata.3D.2A

"There shouldn't be more than one Openstreetmap item with the same Wikidata
ID."

Although that's not entirely possible. The reason is that our rule "one
object per entity" isn't always enforced. For example, one street is often
made of several parts that have the same name. If we were strict with that
rule, we would use relations for all streets (which isn't practical). So if
there was a Wikidata entry for a street, there should be a Wikidata tag on
every street part.

Janko