Am 03.07.2014 17:42, schrieb Fernando Trebien:
> On Thu, Jul 3, 2014 at 12:20 PM, Martin Koppenhoefer
> <dieterdre...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> you can draw the runways as areas which I'd recommend because it solves all
>> width rendering issues.
>
> I have actually mapped the runway area in many cases and thought of
> eliminating the line representing the axis of the runway because of
> this rendering problem (so, it would be mapping for the renderer), but
> as I've seen that line mapped in other major airports in the world
> (such as Munich's), I was a bit unsure if I should remove it. I'll
> probably ask the OSM-Carto guys to change the default width. But in
> this case, major airports (such as, again, Munich's) would need to
> have the runway mapped also as an area (but many of them currently
> don't).

Well, routing <-> rendering.

If there is already/still a way(line) representing the area, we need to
use area:highway (area:aeroway) otherwise we have several objects
representing

How about rendering width in general ? Something I am waiting for for
some time now.

To come back on topic:
How is the issue solved with harbors ?

aerodrome=* might be a tag for importance of the aerodrome or for a
funtion like fright or international passagers but I will not work for both.

Better introduce some more tags each with a clear purpose and definition.

cu fly