On 12.07.2014 08:25, malenki wrote:
> When a proposal just sits in a wiki and doesn't get spread actively by
> it's author on OSM channels (forums, mailing lists) it doesn't get much
> attention. Even /when/ it is spread a lot of people (I included)
> often prefer to let it be.

Unfortunately, I am no politician who can spend all of his time for campaigns.

> The whole proposal is imho one of a mechanical edit.

The proposal is about refining a tag definition in the wiki. I feared that
the proposal could be voted down with respect to existing data not
conforming to the new definition. That's why I needed to dig into that data
issue. It's kind of a chicken-egg dilemma. You cannot get a proposal
approved when existing data is dubious, and you cannot get a data cleanup
accepted when the definition in the wiki is dubious. As a result, we stay
with rotten definitions and rotten data for all time going.