Mateusz Konieczny wrote on 10.07.2014 11:50:
>> Although since the rules are for josm validation so will be checked by
>> a human, I guess that's low-risk right?
> I thought about JOSM validator rule with fix button, so it would
> not be safe to assume that it will be carefully checked (the same type
> of rule as [natural=marsh] to [natural=wetland, wetland=marsh]).
>
> But tricky ones can be just reported with explanation that
> true type of shop should be verified ("shop=fish is ambiguous, it
> should be changed to either [shop=seafood] or [shop=pet, pet=fish]").
>
> According to Wikipedia "In North America, although not generally
> in the United Kingdom, the term "seafood" is extended to fresh water
> organisms eaten by humans, so all edible aquatic life may be referred
> to as seafood.".

apart from a hard definition i like Mortens argument:
https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/tagging/2010-April/001859.html
'For non-UK-english speakers "fishmonger" sounds like a swearword. I
much prefer the easily understandable and nationality neutral
shop=seafood.'

The voting was performed "using the extended "North-American definition"
- there including fresh water":
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/seafood_shop

So i see no problem in tagging seafood for every dead fish.

Is there really a shop selling only fresh water fish or salt water fish?
Or the other way round: do i want to find a shop selling only fresh
water and no salt water fish?

--
regards
Holger