On Thu, 2014-08-07 at 10:03 +0100, Dan S wrote:
> The sac_scale is about difficulty, not permission. I assume from
> Karsten's original message that only climbers are permitted to use
> those paths. If so, then access=customers is appropriate, and
> customers=climbers seems helpful...

Customers implies that climbers have to pay to climb, there is someone
controlling access, collecting money.

I would go for highway=path, access=climbers.

But then my brain goes into what if I'm a rambler who may want to do
some scrambling and wants a look if that is possible. Or I'm an OSMer
who needs to walk the path with my GPS in order to include the path in
openstreetmap.

Phil (trigpoint)