On Thu, Aug 28, 2014 at 10:49 PM, Peter Wendorff
<wendo...@uni-paderborn.de> wrote:

> Am 28.08.2014 um 22:35 schrieb Mateusz Konieczny:
>>
>>> that area in the center with many blue lines... almost all of them are
>>> wrong. You cannot rely on that default in Barcelona at all.
>>>

>> And in this really rare situation it is reasonable to use oneway=no.
> Well, yes - but only while adding oneway=yes where it needs to be set,
> so even here oneway=no is more like a "way checked.", adding oneway=no
> does not help very much, as long as oneway=yes is that incomplete.

Exactly.

I interpreted Mateusz meant in Barcelona it is reasonable to set
explicit "no"s rather than leaving defaults.

Basically, the default in Barcelona is useless. Here you should tag
every street. "yes" because it is needed in the majority of streets,
and "no" because you cannot trust the default as a consequence.

Which is fine of course, the default has to be the best one given the
world-wide scope of OSM.