Am 28.08.2014 19:10, schrieb Xavier Noria:
> But for example, every single client software of OSM that is out of
> control of OSM is assuming that contract. That's what I believe makes
> a reset (no NULLs in the database) plus semantic change for NULLs
> would not be possible. No way to synchronize all that client code
> unless that was somehow coordinated as in a major upgrade.
While just a technicality it probably is worth pointing out that in
reality the change you propose would require adding 40 million or so
oneway=no tags to the DB and making a new version of each of the
effected objects. We have worse things in the DB, but still it would
need more than just  uneasiness with the current situation (which is for
largish parts of the world not an issue) to justify the change

Simon