On 17.11.2014 22:33, Rainer Fügenstein wrote:
> MK> +1, also this way you give information about the direction of flow
> relative
> MK> to the osm way, while flow_direction=oneway doesn't imply any specific
> MK> direction, it only states that the direction is not reversible.
>
> proposal updated in this regard.

I'm certainly no pipeline expert, so forgive my ignorance. Does
flow_direction=both mean that there actually is flow in both direction
at the same time or does it alternate between flow directions? If the
latter, perhaps a value could be chosen that better expresses this.

It should also be noted that flow_direction has been discussed as a tag
for waterways, so if your definition leaves the door open for this
potential use case, it would be quite helpful.